Last updated on May 9, 2022.
You can access and interact with our Platform in many ways, including from a computer or mobile device. This Policy applies regardless of how you access or interact with our Platform. Depending on how you interact with our Platform, there may be some cases where we need to provide you with additional information about how we collect, use, protect or disclose your Personal Data and/or what options you have regarding our collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data. We may provide this additional information through notices on our Platform or via direct communications with you. If we do this, unless we tell you otherwise, the additional information provided in these notices will apply in addition to what is described in this Policy.
Please read this Policy carefully. If you do not want us to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data in the ways described in this Policy, please do not use or otherwise interact with our Platform, provide us with our Personal Data or authorize any third party to make your Personal Data available to us. By using or interacting with our Platform, you acknowledge that you understand that we may use your Personal Data as described in this Policy. Please note, as described in this Policy, we may receive your Personal Data from third parties that have not expressly told you that they will provide your Personal Data to us. If you have any questions about how we collect, use, protect or disclose your Personal Data in connection with our Platform, please contact us at email@example.com.
PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our primary goals in collecting Personal Data are to provide and improve our Platform, conduct our Operations, communicate with people and enable visitors to our Platform to easily navigate and enjoy it.
When we refer to “Personal Data” in this Policy, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to a specific person. This might be information that directly identifies someone, such as their name, or it may be information that identifies someone only when combined with other information available to us, such as a person’s activity on our Platform when associated with their username. Please note, except as provided under applicable laws, Personal Data does not include information that is publicly available through government records or information that has been deidentified or aggregated in a way that it cannot be used to identify a specific individual.
Categories of Personal Data We Collect
Depending on how you access, use or otherwise interact with our Platform, we, or third parties acting on our behalf, may collect the following categories of Personal Data about you:
- Identifiers and contact information, such as your real name, alias, email address, telephone number, postal address, physical address, unique personal identifier, government-issued identification number, online identifier, IP address and other similar information;
- Demographic information, such as your age, gender and other similar information;
- Financial information, such as your bank account number, credit card number, debit card number and other similar information;
- Transactional information, such as information about information about your subscriptions to various features and services we offer, including USBC memberships, and other purchases you have made through or in connection with our Platform or Operations and other similar information;
- Internet and other similar network activity, such as your browsing history, search history, interactions with our Platform and online advertisements and other similar information;
- Communication information, such as information contained in voice mails, chats, emails and other similar information;
- Location information, such as where you live, where you are located and other similar information;
- Preference information, such as your interests, opinions and other similar information; and
- Other information you provide to us.
Other Information We Collect
Depending on how you interact with our Platform, the Usage Data that we, or third parties acting on our behalf, may collect may include:
- Device information, such as the IP address, general geographic location, operating system, browser type, language preferences, mobile phone number, device identifier and other similar information associated with a device used to access, use or interact with our Platform.
- Information about online interactions with our Platform, such as links that are clicked, pages or screens that are viewed, access and session times, interactions with emails we send and other similar information associated with a device used to access, use or interact with our Platform;
- Information about internet and network activity, such as websites visited, search engine results and similar information associated with a device that accesses or interacts with our Platform online;
- Other information automatically collected by cookies and other technologies on our Platform; and
- Any other information that a browser or device automatically sends whenever connected to a website or an online application.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
A large portion of the Personal Data we, or third parties acting on our behalf, collect is collected directly from individuals who provide their Personal Data to us directly. In some cases, we, or third parties acting on our behalf, may collect Personal Data from third parties in the ways described in this Policy.
Directly from You
When you access, use or otherwise interact with our Platform, or otherwise engage with us in connection with our Platform, such as requesting more information about us, communicating with us, accessing, using or otherwise interacting with our Platform, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Data. Some of the Personal Data we request with respect to certain features of our Platform may not be required; however, we will let you know if specific Personal Data is required to use those features. If you do not provide us with the Personal Data required to use a certain feature on our Platform, you will not be able to use that feature, especially those features where we are legally required to collect the Personal Data and those where it is impossible for the feature to operate without the required Personal Data (e.g., collecting your payment information in order to process your payment for your USBC membership).
From Third Parties
We, or third parties acting on our behalf, may collect Personal Data about you from third parties, including, without limitation, online and offline sources, entities affiliated with us, our service providers, social media platforms, advertising networks and other public or commercial sources (collectively, “Third Party Sources”). The collection of Personal Data from these Third Party Sources can occur in a variety of ways, including, without limitation:
- If you share our content via third party websites, such as social media platforms, or otherwise access, use or interact with our Platform through those third party websites, we may collect, share, store and use any Personal Data we receive from those third party websites about you. In some cases, you may be able to revoke our access to your Personal Data and other content and information we receive from those third party websites by changing the appropriate settings for your account with the applicable third party website.
- We, or third parties acting on our behalf, may receive Personal Data about you from third parties that provide services to us through or in connection with the operation of our Platform and our Operations (“Operational Service Providers”). Operational Service Providers may include, without limitation, hosting providers and payment processors.
- We, or third parties acting on our behalf, may also receive Personal Data about you from other third parties, such as other users of our Platform, such as those that refer you to our Platform and local USBC affiliates.
Please note, we may combine the Personal Data and other content and information we, or third parties acting on our behalf, receive about you from multiple sources, including, without limitation, Personal Data we collect directly from you and one or more Third Party Sources.
HOW WE COLLECT USAGE DATA
We, and third parties acting on our behalf, collect Usage Data in a variety of ways. Some Usage Data, such as the IP address of a device attempting to access, use or interact with our Platform, is necessary for us to make certain portions of our Platform available. Other Usage Data, such as information about what features of our Platform are popular, help us to improve and advertise our Platform. The primary ways Usage Data is collected in connection with our Platform are through:
- The systems we use to make our Platform available to you. When you access, use, or interact with our Platform, these systems automatically record certain information that your browser or device sends whenever you visit a website or utilize an online application as well as information about how long your device is connected to our Platform and the activities that device engages in while connected.
- Other tracking technologies, such as web beacons, clear gifs, and pixel tags. These technologies may be used on or in connection with our Platform, including, without limitation, in emails we send. We may use these technologies to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage, and observe data on email delivery, open rates, click rates, bounces, unsubscribes and other information.
- Third party analytic tools, such as:
Please note, we have not yet developed a response to browser “Do Not Track” signals, and do not change any of our data collection practices when we receive such signals. We will continue to evaluate potential responses to “Do Not Track” signals in light of industry developments or legal changes.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We use Personal Data for various purposes to operate and improve our Platform and to conduct our Operations. The primary purposes for which we use Personal Data are:
- Marketing Purposes – we may, either on our own or jointly with our third party marketing partners (“Marketing Partners”), use the Personal Data we, or third parties acting on our behalf, collect for marketing purposes, including notifying you of special promotions, opportunities, offers and events via push notifications, e-mail, phone calls, text messages and other means, all subject to our compliance with applicable laws (“Marketing Purposes”). We may also link Personal Data (including your name, mobile phone number, and email address) with other information (including information we automatically collect as described in this Policy) and use such linked information for Marketing Purposes. Our Marketing Purposes may include using Personal Data collected through cookies and other tracking technologies to facilitate the delivery of targeted ads, promotions, and offers to you, on behalf of ourselves and our Marketing Partners on and off our Platform. If you do not want us to use your Personal Data for marketing purposes, you may opt-out in accordance with the “Managing Your Personal Data” section below.
- Non-Marketing Purposes – we may use the Personal Data we, or third parties acting on our behalf, collect for non-marketing purposes, including: (1) operating and improving our Platform; (2) validating your identity; (3) carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts we have entered into, including, without limitation, any contracts between you and us; (4) sending you emails to provide you with alerts and updates about your engagement with our Platform; (5) conducting statistical or demographic analysis; (6) complying with legal and regulatory requirements; (7) customizing your experience with our Platform; (8) protecting and defending USBC against legal actions or claims; (9) preventing fraud; (10) satisfying contractual obligations; (11) cooperating with law enforcement or other governmental agencies for purposes of investigations, national security, public safety or matters of public importance when we are legally required to do so or believe that disclosure of Personal Data is necessary or appropriate to protect the public interest; (12) those you authorize or instruct us to do; and (13) other business purposes permitted under applicable law.
We will not use the Personal Data we, or third parties acting on our behalf, collect in connection with our Platform for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Please note, we may use and disclose aggregated, anonymized or de-identified information collected in connection with our Platform and Operations and other information that does not identify any individual (“Anonymized Data”) for any lawful purpose, which may include, without limitation, purposes not described in this Policy. Except as otherwise required under applicable laws, our use and disclosure of such Anonymized Data is not covered by this Policy.
SHARING PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
To operate our Platform and conduct Operations, we may share certain Personal Data that we, or third parties acting on our behalf, have collected, with certain third parties. The third parties that we may share Personal Data with include:
- Our Operational Service Providers in connection with the services they provide to us, including, without limitation, order fulfillment, marketing, data hosting, payment processing and fraud protection and prevention. We require these Operational Service Providers to exercise reasonable care to protect your Personal Data and restrict their use of your Personal Data to the purposes for which we provided to them.
- We use a third party payment processor to process payments made to us. In connection with the processing of such payments, we do not retain any Personal Data or any financial information, such as credit card numbers. Rather, all such information is provided directly to our third party payment processor, PayPal. For information about how PayPal uses the information they collect about you, please visit the PayPal Privacy Hub, available at https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/privacy/privacyhub.
- Our Marketing Partners to facilitate the delivery of targeted ads, promotions and offers to you, on behalf of ourselves and our Marketing Partners, on and off our Platform.
- We provide certain information to the operators of Third Party Single Sign-On Sites necessary to allow you to use your account login credentials for our Platform to log in to the applicable Third Party Single Sign-On Site.
- Government and law enforcement individuals or private parties where necessary to enforce and comply with the law. To the extent permitted under applicable law, we may disclose any Personal Data and other information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we believe is necessary or appropriate to investigate, respond to and defend against legal claims, for legal process (including subpoenas), to protect our property and rights of those of a third party, to protect us against liability, for the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, fraudulent, abusive or legally actionable activity, to protect the security and integrity of our Platform and any equipment used to make our Platform available or to comply with applicable laws.
- Other users of our Platform. Certain portions of our Platform include features that allow users to search for registered members and receive information about other registered members, including, without limitation, the location of that member’s local association.
- Any third party to whom you consent and/or instruct us to provide your Personal Data.
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION
Based on the nature of our Platform, third parties may collect information from or about you through or in connection with our Platform. In addition to other information provided in this Policy, including, without limitation, the section titled “How We Collect Usage Data” the categories of third parties that may collect information about you through or in connection with our Platform include:
- Third parties whose content is linked to on our Platform. Any links to other websites, applications or other third party content on our Platform, are not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party and we are not responsible for the content, privacy and security policies and practices of any third party. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements applicable to any third party websites, applications or content you access.
- Other users of our Platform. Depending on how you interact with our Platform, other users may collect information about you that is published or otherwise generally made available on our Platform. All users of our Platform are subject to our Terms of Service. While we place restrictions on what our users are allowed to do with information made available to them on our Platform, we are not responsible for any misuse of any information, including your Personal Data, by any user. If you believe that another user has misused your Personal Data or any other information available on our Platform, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We offer you several choices with respect to how we use your Personal Data. The mechanisms available to you to control your Personal Data are:
- To update any Personal Data you have provided us, update your preferences or otherwise contact us about our use of your Personal Data, you can contact us using one of the applicable methods provided on the Contact Us page on our Websites. Additionally, if you have an account with us, we make tools available to manage your account and preferences at https://signon.bowl.com/Manage.
- If you do not want us to make your Personal Data available to other users on our Platform, please contact us at email@example.com.
- For marketing and other promotional email communications you receive from us, you can opt-out of receiving such communications by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in most email messages from us. Your unsubscribe request or email preference changes will be processed promptly, though this process may take several days. During that processing period, you may receive additional marketing and other promotional emails from us. Please note, opting out of these communications will only apply to marketing and other promotional emails and will not apply to any email or other communications we send you for non-marketing purposes, including, but not limited to, emails and other communications about your orders and other interactions with our Platform.
- If you do not want us to use your Personal Data to deliver targeted advertisements to you according to our target audience preferences, you can opt out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your Personal Data to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties, which may include our Marketing Partners, may provide you with ways to choose not to have your Personal Data used to deliver targeted to you according to their target audience preferences. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website, located at https://www.networkadvertising.org, and from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) on their website, located https://youradchoices.com. Please note, even if you opt out from receiving targeted advertisements, you may still see advertisements based on factors such as your general location derived from your IP address, your browser type and your search terms.
- Subject to certain exceptions, you can request that we delete any of your Personal Data that we collected and retained through or in connection with certain Third Party Sources, including, without limitation, Apple. Once we receive and confirm your request to delete your applicable Personal Data, we will delete your applicable Personal Data from our records, unless an exception applies. We will also direct our Operational Service Providers to delete your applicable Personal Data that they have retained on our behalf. Please note, we may deny your deletion request under certain circumstances, and will inform you of the basis for the denial, which may include, without limitation, in circumstances where retaining your Personal Information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Data, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that Personal Information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
To request deletion of your Personal Data, please submit a request to us by emailing us at email@example.com. Only you, or a party that you authorized on your behalf, may make a request related to the deletion of your Personal Data. You may also make a request on behalf of your minor child. Your request for deletion must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Data or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or delete your Personal Data if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a request does not require you to create an account with us and we will only use Personal Data provided in connection with a request for deletion to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to deletion requests within a reasonable time period after we receive a deletion request. If we are unable to fully comply with your request to delete your applicable Personal Data, our response will explain the reasons why we are unable to fully fulfill your request.
If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We maintain commercially reasonable safeguards to maintain the security and privacy of Personal Data we collect and use in connection with our Platform. Nevertheless, when disclosing Personal Data, you should remain mindful that there is an inherent risk in the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms. Although we take precautions to protect against the risk of unauthorized access to your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of any information, including your Personal Data, that you disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
We may collect information from users who are under the age of 13, and some of the information collected from these users by include Personal Data. However, our Platform is operated by a non-profit organization and therefore is not subject to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). COPPA applies to commercial website operators and non-profit organizations that operate for the profit of their commercial members. As a non-profit organization, we are exempt from complying with COPPA under Section 5 of the Federal Trade Commission Act. Any Personal Data collected by our Platform from users under the age of 13 will be used as described in this Policy in the same manner as Personal Data collected from or about other users. However, any parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 who has used our Platform or who has otherwise engaged with our Operations, including, without limitation, those enrolled in the SMART Program, may request written notice of what Personal Data our Platform collects and how we use that Personal Data with respect to their child, and may, at any time, refuse to allow us to use any collected Personal Data. Please note, any refusal to allow us to use Personal Data will result in the termination of the child’s account on our Platform.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, under California’s Shine the Light Law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83) you have the right to request the following information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Data to third parties for direct marketing purposes: (1) the categories of Personal Data we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; (ii) the names and addresses of the third parties that received the information; and (iii) if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services they marketed. This information may be provided in a standardized form that is not specific to you.
You are permitted to obtain this information from us once a year, free of charge. To make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
United States Bowling Congress, Inc.
Attn: CA Privacy Rights Request
621 Six Flags Drive
Arlington, Texas 76011
USERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
We are located in the United States of America and all Personal Data we collect or receive on or in connection with our Platform will be collected or received in the United States of America. If you access, use, or otherwise interact with our Platform or otherwise engage with us from outside the United States, please be aware that the laws applicable to Personal Data collected, stored, used, or otherwise processed in United States of America may not provide the same protections as the laws in other countries or economic regions.
CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
Because the methods to collect, protect, use, and otherwise process Personal Data and the nature and scope of our Platform are continually evolving, this Policy may change at any time. Unless otherwise noted, those changes will be effective as soon as they are posted. If changes are made to this Policy, we will make it known on our Platform or by email and will indicate the last date it was updated above. Please check back periodically to see if our Policy has been updated. Your continued use of our Platform after any changes to this Policy become effective constitutes your continued acknowledgement that you understand that we may continue to use your Personal Data as described in this Policy as updated from time to time.
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or feedback you have pertaining to our privacy practices.