Lane Maintenance Protocol and Topography Reports
2022 USBC Open Championships
South Point Bowling Plaza
March 12 - July 17 (last day of team competition)
No. of Lanes: 60
Lane Surface: Brunswick Pro-Anvilane (Generation 2)
Pinsetters: Brunswick GSX
Pins: Brunswick Maxx
Lane Machines: Kegel Flex Walkers
The team practice sessions at the South Point Bowling Center feature the team oil pattern.
The 2022 Bowlers Journal Championships features the 2022 doubles/singles oil pattern.
See the past Open Championships lane conditions here.
LANE MAINTENANCE PROTOCOL
In order to provide transparency on the lane maintenance process at the 2022 Open Championships, Bowlers Journal Championships and team practice sessions, USBC is providing the following information:
- Lane maintenance operations summary
- Pre-tournament lane machine checklist
- Open Championships verification checklist
- March 12-31 | April 1-15 | April 16-30
- March 13-31 | April 1-15 | April 16-30
- Bowlers Journal/team practice verification checklist
- March 11-31 | April 1-15 | April 16-30
Watch a video about the lane maintenance procedures here.
Lanes 1-60 at the South Point Bowling Plaza
*For the doubles/singles events at the South Point Bowling Center, no mapping or topography flattening took place due to the timing of the move to the Bowling Center.
- The Lane Map Graph is the gravitational influence on the lane prior to the application of lane conditioner.
- The black and dark blue areas of the Lane Map Graph are stronger gravitational forces to the right.
- The light blue areas of the Lane Map Graph are weaker gravitational forces to the right.
- The maroon and red areas of the Lane Map Graph are stronger gravitational forces to the left.
- The yellow areas of the Lane Map Graph are weaker gravitational forces to the left.
- The green areas of the Lane Map Graph represent a minimal gravitational influence.
- The bottom of each Lane Map Graph is the foul line, and the top is the end of the pin deck.
PREVIOUS OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS/BOWLERS JOURNAL CHAMPIONSHIPS LANE MAINTENANCE PROTOCOL AND TOPOGRAPHY REPORTS
The Open Championships has been held at the South Point Bowling Plaza in 2017, 2019 and 2021 (info above).
Click here to view the information from the 2018 events in Syracuse, New York.
Click here to view the information from the 2017 events in Las Vegas.
PREVIOUS OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS LANE CONDITIONS
Click here to view previous lane conditions used at the Open Championships from 2010-2021.
USBC PATTERN BANK
Check out the USBC Pattern Bank, a convenient collection of oil patterns used at USBC and PWBA events. Click here.